Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I want to be an actionaid blogger!


'ActionAid Australia is searching for an energetic Australian to be our next outreach blogger, to help give poverty a voice'.


I would love to be the next ActionAid Outpost blogger! The aim of the game is for ActionAid to find a suitable candidate to travel to one of their program countries and assist/teach the locals to use social media to enhance their human rights & give them a voice (ie Facebook, Twitter, blogs and the likes). Considering I am studying a Masters in Communication for Development, and the module I am studying right now just happens to be Social Meida and Development - How much more perfect could this be for me?

If you feel I would be right for the job (cause I certainly think/hope I am the perfect candidate!) then I would love for you to leave a comment supporting my request to be the next blogger! see here.

Why not follow Actionaid on Twitter. Hell, why not follow me on Twitter (Casisverige), Tweet me, RT my request to vote for me, add me on facebook (Cassandra Doyle), Do it however you want - just do it!

While your doing all this, you might as well check out ActionAid's site & hopefully lend your support - they are doing some fab things all over the world!

4 comments:

Mhor said...

Hope you get it...

Lotta said...

Hey girl,

Found your blog through... um actually I'm not sure how I found it, but it caught my interest as you're Australian and you live (lived?) in Sweden. :)

The thing is that I wanted to ask you how you went about getting a recidence permit? My future husband (australian) and I are planning to move to Sweden next fall for my studies and are now looking into the possibilities for him to get a permit (I'm all sorted as a resident of another nordic country). By the time we want to move we will be married but since I'm not a Swe citizen either I will have to be "folkbokförd" before he can submit his applcation and then he will have to wait (up to 6 months) for a permit in our current location. The problem is we don't want to be apart...

I was just wondering if you, by any chance, had any knowledge about getting a working holiday visa in Sweden first and then applying for a recidence permit from Sweden (while working there) instead of doing it from your home country? I'd really appreciate it if you had any advice to give. Either about the permit stuff or anything else relevant for aussies in Sweden. If you feel like getting in touch my e-mail is anderson.blomqvist@live.com

Cheers -L

Cassandra Doyle said...

Hey Lotta!
I'm so sorry I haven't responded to this... I never check my comments as it's usually some form of spam!
If you still want some info - please contact me again... I would love to be of assistance!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.