Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two months down and the third is flying away!

So as the title suggests - I have been here for two months already, I'm into my third month and this is my first post! Things were a bit slow and boring at the begining of my stay, and I really feel that it was simply an adjustment period that I had to have. I came from working what at least 50hr weeks with on call all the time etc and then trying to fit in an active social life to arriving with no job prospects no ability to converse with strangers and none of my normal safety blankets i.e. friends, family, life in brisbane. I have really struggled at times, but since I have started studying at Folk Universitetet (no i didnt mispell that word!) and having someone to speak to other than Håkan (bless his cotton socks has been the most patient person in the world!) I have really started to think, Damn! I have a it pretty good guys.

This last week pretty well rocked, mon tue wed I was at "school" then thursday Håkan and I met a dutch girl from my class and we went to an art gallery, then for lunch, then to Lund Cathedral, then that evening we went to our 2hr Yoga and meditation class - well lets forget what i did friday cause i spent it on the couch (3 beers and what can i say.... hopeless!). Saturday was a lot of different things including a hike in the woods, sunday I spoke to Natty, went to Holviken and had a picnic at the beach, ice cream down by the marina and then another trip to the woods (no hiking this time) where Håkan built a fire and cooked sausages .... somewhere in there I helped Håkan write the lyrics for three songs he hadnt finished!!

And now it's been a brand new week which started with 26degrees, the smell of freshly cut lawn which evoked memories of my childhood so strongly that I dont want to come home to Australia unless it rains for the next 3months! Today has been lovely also 20degrees, I spoke to my Momma and Fona, (Sambo decided to speak to me to keep himself out of bed for that minute longer).

Ok so the purpose of this blog was ment to be to fill you in on my past two months - but it looks like I only managed to fill you in on the last week - and I kinda cut a short story long sooooo hmmmm I'll get better at this! And I'll work on the past two months and get back to you!!

So I guess I'd better include some of my favourite photos over the past few weeks!

20.05.2007

Malmö House 16.05.07

16.05.2007

4 comments:

Laura in London said...

nice start to a blog, i should do this too hey! to busy finding a place to live and money to eat!

cant wait to come visit! not long now, less that 1 month!

Cassandra Doyle said...

Yep I say start one and then everyone can look there if they want to know what your up to! Fona and Lib gave me the idea - plus it's an awesome record of what your doing for yourself! I can't wait for you to come also...

fona25 said...

YAY, she's up and running. Blogs rule...just make sure to keep it up. I have been slack....need to get onto it some more.

And also...it helps if people comment on them as they read...cos otherwise you get a bit discouraged sometimes, that you are doing it all for nothing (hint hint)

Anonymous said...

testing - can't remember my log in dets!!!

About time you started a blog young lady!!