Friday, December 5, 2008

Home is where the heart is....

Apparently. I'm not sure if I am convinced it's where my heart is, but it's certainly where the hearts of my loved ones are! I arrived home on Monday, with the gorgeous Sambo literally pushing his little brother out of the way to get to me. Poor little Maximo (who is not quite two) took a little while to come to terms with me not being inside a computer. He certainly knew who I was - he whispered to his Mum 'It's Aunty Cas?' With a very confused and puzzled look as if to question why there would be a real life version of me!

My comming home 'treat' was Cirque De Soleil - I had never been to Cirque De Soleil before, so I wasn't sure what to expect exactly. I had seen one or two of their performances on TV -so I knew to there would be Dance, Theatre, Acrobats, Music - I wasn't prepared for the level of comedy nor the element of suspense! This particular performance is titled 'Dralion' which claims to be a fusion of the ancient Chinese circus tradition and the avant-garde approach of Cirque du Soleil - 'Dralion derives much of its inspiration from Eastern philosophy with its perpetual quest for harmony between humankind and nature'.

It's safe to say that all of the performances certainly met their mark! I could not fault anything - other to say than some of the more tranquil and delicate acts saw me almost slip into a jet-lagged coma - so possibly not the best idea to an evening performance with jet lag! The performances were so well executed that had it not been for a few minor mistakes (possibly life threatening) I imagine I would have forgotten exactly how remarkable and difficult most of the movements were. Needless to say I think CDS meet their goal of "to entertain, uplift and enlighten audiences the world over."

1 comment:

Madeleine Clifford said...

Welcome home darls. Updatedmyself on your posts... I like your writing style - it's you, honest, easy. Keep it up Cass!