Wednesday, November 19, 2008

and the countdown... it begins.

In ten days time I shall be on my way to Australia, full of uncertainty and quite possibly even more anxious than I already am. I guess I will no longer be 'Cas i Sverige', I assume I will just be normal old Cas again. (Although I was told recently, that I wasn't really of domestic quality; I was much more of the 'export' quality.... so who knows).

The begining of goodbye drinks and dinners have begun (to my mortification with my current fringe debacle!) and it feels strange. For so long I was looking forward to moving home to Australia, which was primarily based on my own feelings of inadequacy. I had no goals, dreams or aspirations here, and of course now I have finally found the life that I had craved - it seems it's time to go home. Please don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to spending time with my family and friends again, it's just that this feels a little like a cruel twist of fate. And of course this blog allows me to express my true inner emo!

On the plus side there will be daylight! As i am writing this the sun has all but set at 4pm, so the thought of sunshine and heat is fairly exciting right now. I am also looking forward to improving my english skills - to re-include complex structure when speaking; and to use adjectives other than those of awesome, good, nice, great and cool!

3 comments:

fona25 said...

you mean like radical, gnarly, sweeeeetttttttt????

I know this is all too confusing and conflicting and you are full of excitment and dispair....but we'll look after you....psycho and all!!!! (just as long as you keep my house clean dude)

Cassandra Doyle said...

hahaha as long as your boys are full of snuggles I have a feeling I'll cope :D
dude do your own house work - I'll watch your boys while you do it!

Laura said...

enjoy some sun for me!

are you there for good now? *out of the loop*