Friday, July 4, 2008

A little quiet on the home front....

I know I have been....
Lots happening (I know that's no excuse)...

Today I found out that my good friend Lib is abandoning us. While technically not her fault - simply a matter of change in visa application legislation, all the same she will be missed (especially at Påsk). Being the needy expat friend that I am - I hope she will continue to entertain us with stories of her repatriation to Australia (I so wish I'd kept a blog last time I was adjusting to life as an Australian!) and continue to hunt down the best eating spots where ever she goes....

So in keeping with our very strong mutual love of food - I will recommend one more place for Lib to dine at en The UK (if she has a chance on her brief visit!).

Bill's Produce Store
The concept of this cafe/produce store is quite unique for England. Basically we are talking about an organic produce store which home delivers (yes in this day and age) is set out like a very old school convenience store (high wooden shelves - small counter at the front, with actual customer service!) and a very exceptional cafe at the back. The food is phenomenal. The prices are mid range £10-12 for a large organic freshly cooked meal. With my hangover I chose poorly - but trust me the food is exceptionally good by anyones standards!

Bill's also provide picnic packs - which we intend on taking advantage of when we return to Brighton (just a 45m train ride from central London) with your choice of tapas/meze style foods and salads with deserts also.

Anyway I am definately no restuarant reviewer so I suggest if you get the opportunity to eat there DO IT! p.s. The Bill's we went to (there are two) was set in "the lanes" in brighton - which are literally loads of small lanes full of market type wares and smaller stores with lots of amazing little finds!!!

you will love - trust me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a space (non-physical, but nonetheless...) of such vast breadth of information, the internet is a surprisingly small place.

Hi. I'm Emma. We met a couple of weeks ago at Calle and Hanui's over some amazing Korean food.

I was just randomly blog hopping on a break from job hunting, when curiosity made me click a listing for expat blogs in Skåne, where yours was, strangely, the one and only.

fona25 said...

sorry I haven't commented much here babe, but have def been reading. The boys (all 5 of them) have been keeping me busy, as well as being flat out with work too. I promise to come and make more comments next week!

Cassandra Doyle said...

What are you on about Fona - I haven't written anything for you to comment on :D
And you dont have to comment on every blog... I was just teasing you!!!!

Cassandra Doyle said...

Hey Emma!
Was great to meet you also...
for some reason it wont let me comment on your blog with Open ID...
So... I hope you see this!
Great blog... I will have to be more careful now with what I write on here... sometime it's just complete dribble!
I'm sure we will meet again soon!