Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ahhh.... the smallest things!

Today I discovered that in the eyes of a 6, 9 and 11yr old. I am cool!
Want to know why?

I live "Overseas" (check!)
I speak another language (mostly-check!).
I have been to lots of cool places (check, actually I'll double check that one!)
My boyfriend is cool and plays guitar...

And do you know what, as much as I felt cool and hip and like I should be happy with my life (YAY finally some recognition)

I realise.... If my boyfriend didn't play guitar, look like a rock-star and happen to be excellent at playing blocks with my nephews.... I don't think they would care about the other things.

Ahhh but who cares...
I still got appointed to the position of "Coolest Aunt in the world".
No one said I couldn't sleep my way to the top :D

7 comments:

Mhor said...

Pfft coolest smoolest.. Let's see after this week.. ;)

Cassandra Doyle said...

Well you will still be favourito for Sambo and Maximo.... you can't have it all missy!!!

fona25 said...

well after taking the 5 boys to chermside today, I think I am now known as the cranky, yelling Aunt!!! God help me if they hadn't have been well behaved!!

Keep it cool, Cool Aunty Cas!

Cassandra Doyle said...

hahaha! poor fona.
yeah it's pretty easy to be the cool one when they haven't see me for almost 2years.
they forget that i'm the one that used to make them eat their vegetables etc... they just remember the cool stuff!!!!!!

Cassandra Doyle said...

hahaha! poor fona.
yeah it's pretty easy to be the cool one when they haven't see me for almost 2years.
they forget that i'm the one that used to make them eat their vegetables etc... they just remember the cool stuff!!!!!!

Nicci said...

ok, without insulting the other two aunts, it may have somthing to do with the fact that you speak to them like equals, you expect them to act like humans and not animals (ie boundaries), you see their potenital, they learn sooo much from you and you love them to death, and they see that!!! trust me. infact that is why you 3 will always be their fav aunties!! you all bring soo much into their lives. you all teach them so much and they also see the love that we share, and they feed on that!! Lach knows how strange Steven's family react together, he still loves them, but he see's it!! he does not see that same weird reaction with us!~ ok, we might have our spats, but it has never been an issue that drags on or is ever a big deal!!
ok, enough bs....we all love you 3 to death, and miss you like anything. ok Hakan is an attraction, but it is simply because he pays attention to them, and god knows we all LOVE that!!
xxxxxx
me xx

Cassandra Doyle said...

Why thank you... i'm speechless :D