Monday, July 21, 2008

Communication is the key!

Recently I may have (dramatically) mentioned how devastated I was that my submission to study a Graduate Diploma in Communications was being considered as a late entry. As a result I have spent the last few months pretending as though I didn't apply - to avoid any further disapointment..... Which of course means I got offer a spot!!! (I haven't prepared myself at all for the amount of work that is going to be required!)

Despite feeling as though someone made a mistake as:
a) My application was late.
b) I'm not sure I fulfill the criteria - Can a B. Nursing Science really be considered a relevant undergraduate degree when planning to do a masters in Communication?? (Remembering I have never worked in Communications)
which of course leaves me with c) if I thought I was enrolling in a Grad Dip - and I infact enrolling myself in a Masters Programme - am I really switched on enough to be involved in this course??? (there are plenty of hopefulls dying for me to drop my place so they can snap it up!!!!)

Anywhoo for those who are interested Communications for Development

Oh and did I mention that University is free in Sweden for everyone - not just residents of Sweden! The cost of my first year at University in Sweden is 160kr for Student Union Fees (approx. $25AUD) and books totaling 1216kr (approx $200AUD).

Finally something that is affordable in Sweden!!!! Next University intake is March for those who want to come join me :D

8 comments:

fona25 said...

maybe a photography course? Although not sure Clydey will be sold on the idea of moving to Sweden cos uni is free???? Sambo would sure like the snow though!!

Cassandra Doyle said...

hahaha! Nah I'm not sure Clydey would be sold on the idea - and you certainly don't need to worry about a full photography degree - although course... maybe you guys could come for an extended visit and you could send Clydey to work in London?????
I saw hope that it's stil free when the boys want to go to Uni and send them over here!!!!!!

Mhor said...

You planning on being in Sweden in 15 years Cas???

Hmm maybe I should come do a fashion course OR an English Lit course??

OR Archeology or Anthropology??

Cassandra Doyle said...

oh hell no!
but seeing as i'm going to teach the boys swedish (so i keep mine up) I say send them to Sweden to go to Uni and use the money for holidays (instead of uni fees!!)...
Agnetta will spoil them while they are here....

fona25 said...

yep, I could cope with that as long as they finish their damn degree (unlike their mama!!!)

ps, I've tagged you! sucked in dude!

Cassandra Doyle said...

Thanks dude - man how many times can people tag you! Ummm... your excused for not finishing your course - your found what you were really ment to do in life!
I think you'll understand if they leave uni to pursue the dream!

Laura said...

FREE.. omg yey!

been considering lately about actually doing accounting when i go home, maybe i should do a year in Sweden first.. though not understanding Swedish might be a minor problem!

Cassandra Doyle said...

well accounting might be a problem... but choose a subject that doesn't work in Swedish!!!
Hey - I think a lot of courses are free in the UK as well???