Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Only By The Night...

The new (highly anticipated) KOL album was leaked onto the internet on Saturday.
It's possible I have heard it, but I would never "steal" an album... So it's not like I have it on my computer or anything like that.

First impressions:
It's all about the melodies.
It's very polished.
It's new.
There's no swamp rock.
I'm not a big fan of Revelry nor 17.

I know I'm biased when it comes to this band, but trust me I've have loved bands before and chucked them for one bad album or one bad performance (can anyone say whingie whiny Adams??).

Mostly I appreciate the change. It suitably matches the changes happening in my life. It's not the sound I would choose to hear KOL play, but hey, the life I'm about to start living isn't the life I would have chosen either! In 18months when their next album comes out full of dirty guitars and that raw swamp rock sound (fingers crossed), I'll be ready to dance again... Until then I'm happy with the new sound.

p.s. Other than the teasers we had already heard (Sex on Fire, Crawl, Use Somebody) - my other standout track is Notion(and not just because the first 3 seconds sounds like Bloc Party's Like Eating Glass) and Somebody.

p.s.s. Yes, it's official. I'm a believer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess just called me a non purist cause I wanted to download it. I told him it's not about NOT buying the album when it is released (most definitely it is the next cd I will get) - it's about listening to it weeks before everyone else. I also told him he should only buy albums from band websites or from their gigs - that way they get the money - rather than JB Hi Fi or other chains...

Anonymous said...

i knew ya when ya liked dido do ya still like her i hear she has a new cd out any thoughts !!!!!

Cassandra Doyle said...

well considering you that I dumped her for a second album - perfect example!! I didn't know she was even still performing....