Tuesday, March 18, 2008

See, I really do live in Sweden.

And here's the proof.
After everyones hopes for a white winter were long gone and we started anticipating a nice long summer (yeah right!) winter decided to arrive in Spring, much the same way summer arrived in Autumn in Australia (ok, not in Qld!).

Snow is beaútiful!

Just in case you didnt believe me look at the difference a few hours can make...

IMG_3754IMG_3762

This is the view from our balcony. The first photo was taken at 2pm on monday when the snow started, the second was taken when I woke up on tuesday morning. I'm sure you will agree with me what a difference a few inches of snow can make. Everything looks beautiful and makes me feel happy. When there is snow, I see the world differently. A tree or a little house covered in snow, whatever, they all make me smile. Oh and especially the children playing with their little toboggans and making snowballs. I could honestly get through the 7 months of Winter with no complaints if at least 3 months of it was white!! (not the 7!) If say December to March was white, I'd be a happy happy person. Oh well maybe we should move to Stockholm?????

IMG_3771

IMG_3778

This is just outside our apartment.. I intend on taking this same picture at various times of the year so you can really appreciate the change of season we experience in Sweden.

No comments: