Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back in Sweden.

W. O. W.
That pretty much sums it at the moment.
I have just had the most amazing 2 weeks.
I went to Isle of Wight and Brighton - which I'm dying to write about - but I'm so scared that those memories will get lost before I have a chance to get them down properly... (after I write for Lonely Planet)

BECAUSE...

OMG....

I just attended an amazing conference.
Quite possibly life changing.
I had the pleasure of spending time with some amazing women over the last few days. One of whom not only has refocused my lagging enthuasiasm for a career in the field of humanity... but who I am going to make all my closest friend JEALOUS AS HELL over the time I spent with her. (Clydey you are going to love this story - it's with regards to your neck of the woods!!!!)
Oh and did I mention that I dinned in King James 6th of Scotland/King James 1st of Englands private dining room - and attended a drinks reception in the very room Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to him.... follow by a private tour of the room holding "The Crown, The Sword and The Stone".... Yes THAT Sword and THAT Stone!!!
ahhhhh..... where to start?????????????

7 comments:

fona25 said...

so glad you had a good time - maybe you can bring some of that enthusiasm my way please?????? Can't wait to talk to you and hear all about it - Monday once the boys get here maybe?

Rochelle said...

Hej! Isle of Wright festival!!!!! Awesome..You had a holiday over UK way.. am soooooo jealous! Good luck with writing the review too.
:-)

Cassandra Doyle said...

Thanks! I think I need the luck as well - seeing as the only adjective I seemed to locate in my failing english vocabulary was amazing and wow! hmmmm.... Might be needing some help...
Volunteers??????????

Michael Ambrus said...

Hi Cas,
nice to see you're enjoying Skåne as much as I enjoyed Aussie in your age. Your pictures are great b.t.w., you see things with different eyes :)

Come visit to Helsingborg and try out rowing, it's great and the views are just spectacular (and it's good exersize too). Mondays and Thursdays between 18:00-20:00 is open-house, ereryone can try for free. Bring a towel and a smile :)

http://helsingborg.skanerodd.se/

The club-house is in the "Norra Hamnen" just beside the pub.

Cheers
/Michael

Cassandra Doyle said...

Hey Michael - I couldn't work out which blog to leave a comment on for you so I hope you read this. I am definately in for the rowing... so I'll see you soon!

Mhor said...

Ooh am intrigued do tell do tell more...

I have about 5 half written posts at the moment - hahaaha

Michael Ambrus said...

Yay, cool!.

Answering like this is OK b.t.w., I didn't really expect you to leave any comments on any of my blogs since the blogs I write are all very geeky :)

You'd be more than welcome to come join us. There's quite a few recruits that's recently started, both male and female.

I'll be Värmland next week, but all the club members are a really sweet (and international) bunch. Or new cox Jonathan is actually Brittish with an accent and politeness that makes me smile all the time (even when he yells) :)

Rowing is not as easy as it seems and if you haven't tried before you could benefit from having a look at the following series of stills (I know I did, since I'm a noob myself).

http://www.ara-rowing.org/rowing-stroke

The boats we have I'm proud to say are among the best and most modern costal boats in Sweeden. They are both safe, forgiving and easy to row, yet still very fast. The size range from single sculls to quads.

Cheers
/Michael