Friday, May 16, 2008

Wishing I was there....

As always with living on the opposite side of the planet to where you call home, occassions will come and go that you wish you were able to celebrate/attend, or to simply be there "physically" to support others through their milestones. This week was no exception!

It started with Nat getting her tattoo. While this might not seem like a big deal to most, this is a piece art which Nat has chosen to display on her, for the rest of her life (Yes I know that is what a tattoo is). Anywhoo this piece of art is important enough to her that she will keep it with her forever, therefore it is important to me. I would have loved to have been there to hold her hand - while she was well looked after - I am sure she wouldn't have minded having another hand holder.
art work by Auroel IMG_5346

Tomorrow is the day I most wish I was home. It's a very exciting day in my world. Firstly, Kerry is celebrating her 30th Birthday, AND it is The first "official" day of business for CarsonHall Photography. Fo and Bec Hall have gone into the Wedding photography business (as well as keeping their own family photography buisnesses) and I think despite their nerves, they are going to amaze even themselves away with the magic they will create with their cameras!

Kerry i would love to be there to celebrate, and I'm so glad Jess has organised everything for you! Fona, I wish I could hold your hand tonight and remind you how wonderful you are as a photographer, and to remind you that your only limitations are your nerves!!

3 comments:

fona25 said...

aw, thanks honey! We will be fine, I'm so calm that I'm off to bed now! (well, have to be up at sparrow fart afterall.).

Ummmm....btw, I think Kerry's b'day celebrations are a surprise, yes?

Mhor said...

Aureole told me it was about 1 year ago to the day that I first sent her the painting showing her what I wanted...

Fona and Bec said it was great and that Natalie trashed her dress (she walked into the Ocean) how cool is that!!!

I know they will have done brilliantly.

Will give Kerry a big kiss and a hug for you!

The Hall Family said...

Thank you so much Cas! Fo told me about your blog and we listened to your voice mail message as well. Your support and encouragement was very, very appreciated.