Thursday, November 6, 2008

All the leaves are brown.....

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
on a winter's day

I'd be safe and warm
if I was in L.A
California Dreamin'
on such a winter's day......

Technically, it's not yet winter, and the leaves aren't brown - they have all but disappeared.
Cycling is no longer fun at this time of year, and it's dark at 1630hrs!

In 3 weeks and I will be hot hot hot... So why do I feel sad about that?

Perhaps it's because there will be no chance of snow.
No snowboarding in Chamonix. No making snowmen. No snow angles.

There's always a trade off...

And I'm sure when I'm swimming in the salt water, with the harsh Australian sun tingling my skin and eating watermelon with my nephews; falling down slopes with a snowboard attached to my feet wont seem that great :D Will it??

3 comments:

fona25 said...

nup - we got the peaches, nectarines and watermelon at the shops right now. We live 10mins from a beach. The boys ADORE playing in the sand. And if all else fails, flights are cheap cheap to NZ for a snow fix.

Can't wait babe....

Mhor said...

Whee... THREE weeks..

Unknown said...

Love that song. Though I like the heat in oz, snowboarding is addictive!