Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today - I wish I was American.

I really, really do.
Never before have I contemplated that those words would pass my lips.
Not only do I wish that I was an American who could vote; but an American who could vote and who lived in AMERICA! This has to be one of the most exciting periods for Americans this millenia.

Imagine contributing to voting for someone who will potentially be the first black President; Now consider a black president ruling in an era where Paris Hilton took mainstage for at least 2 days during the presidental campaign! (for those who live under a rock see here

In an ideal world, celebrities and politics would never be mentioned in the same sentence - but we dont live in an ideal world do we. Obama is absolutely a celebrity which is actually one of the reasons that I hope to god he is elected today. I do believe that his representation in the The White House will signify change and reignite hope for Americans at this very cruical time. And that is certainly the message that his communications staff are sending out through Facebook!

Whichever way you look at it we live in a narcissistic identity obsessed world; A world where any old person, with any old thing to say, writes a blog (:D); checks their analytics daily to see how many people in which part of the world are reading it; checks their text messages, emails and social networking platforms almost constantly; and 'enquires' every so invasively (via these tools) into other peoples lives.

The majority of the world has been negatively looking at America through the eyes of 'Bush' for some time. America needs a leader who knows how and why people are pissed off. Unfortunately John McCain doesn't seem to know how many homes he owns; so I doubt he undestands what it is like to loose your home in a recession which is vastly contributed to a war that barely anyone agrees to. So Obama - facebook as many people as you want. It's 2008 - you would have my vote if I could give it to you. And if it just so happens that you become the first social networking black president in the world - than DAMN I'll be smiling tomorrow :D

1 comment:

Laura said...

hey dude. finally got around to catching up on your blog.. makes me happy and sad all at the same time.

xoxo

ps.. you have also making me feel bad about not posting.. will start very soon!~