Friday, February 29, 2008

Here's looking at you kid!!

I wish to dedicate this blog to a new favourite boy in my life. One that I have not had the fortune of getting to know as well as I would like, but one that is going to be a big part of my life nonetheless. Augustus Liam Maloney arrived rather dramatically on 1st November, 2007 after months and months of concern and fear for both his and his mothers health. You wouldnt know it now as he is a wonderfully healthy brick of a baby who will undoubtably be a terror and a rogue whilst bringing his family and those around him endless amounts of joy.

I am honoured to say that I have been rewarded with the great privledge of becomming Augustus's godmother (from afar) this weekend. Brenda will be my proxy, and the rumour mill is buzzing with stories of my legs having never looked so great! His godfather will be the one and only Wayne Wenham, who whilst much much funnier than me, is I imagine almost as unsuited to the job of spiritual guidance as what I feel I am. Unless of course spiritual guidance can be given in the form of musical education? God is a DJ afterall??? I jest, as I am honoured to be given the role of godmother to Augustus. Not only because it is an affirmation of how highly ones presence is regarded in anothers family (by asking me to remain a constant in Augustus life I can assume they werent planning on dumping me as their friend any time soon) but also because Nicci and Scotty are strong believers in Catholicism, therefore a christening in the Moloney family is an important event.

Whilst I can not physically attend the celebration, I will assure both Nic and Scott that my presence will be stronger throughout the years to come (Scotty I know your rolling your eyes right now!) and I look forward to being a dependable figure not only in Augustus life, but also in his big bother Padraig's life!

Once again I will steal from the very talented Fiona Carson and hope that my flatery will excuse me logging into her portfolio and posting her work without her permission so that I can share a few photos of Augustus from before his birth to 2weeks after his arrival!

Nic 11 copy

Augustus 9 copy

Augustus 40 copy

No comments: