Tuesday, April 22, 2008

From little things, big things grow....

One of the strangest things about living in a foreign country is that you often miss what you consider to be "groundbreakingly" important, and positive events which maybe going on in your home country. Subjects you would rant about with your friends over a beer, disagree on what it will mean, and if it was a waste of money or the best thing since sliced bread! (the same could be said about new bands - I dont have the j's people, tips are always accepted!) It doesnt necessarily make that emails or converstations, and you may well miss it while scanning the internet for news.

This morning I discovered I had missed a big project (for lack of better adjectives with my yet to be caffinated brain) that has recently occured in Australia. I had no idea that there was a remaking of this wonderful Paul Kelly song to include Kevin Rudds recent appology to the stolen generation, as well as Paul Keatings Redfern Speach, which was delivered in 1992 at the launch of The International Year of the World's Indigenous People.

Needless to say it brought a little tear to my eye, and a massive amount of pride to see that people in Australia (admittedly not all) are committed to improving the current situation. Also so so so glad to see that the clip was filmed in the Melbourne and not at bloody Bondi or Botany Bay!

enjoy if you havent seen it yet x

9 comments:

Mhor said...

Get Up only just released it yesterday (21/04/08). You got an email about it??

Mhor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mhor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mhor said...

Ps - buy the song for $1.69...

click me

Cassandra Doyle said...

Thanks hon!
Yeah i just thought it was strange that I hadnt heard it was being made or anything...
came across it on ninemsn (shhhh)

Mhor said...

sign up to their email's missy...

Get Up

Cassandra Doyle said...

I already am signed up...
which is why I was even more confused!
I dont remember them sending anything about them making this...

fona25 said...

well it's news to me too dude!

Unknown said...

LOL!!!
did you enjoy watching it then??