Sunday, April 27, 2008

Is there an actual moment when you realise that things may have changed forever?

This week was an exciting week in the lives of many. Firstly, the line up for Splendour in the Grass was announced, and secondly Australians were celebrating an ANZAC day long weekend. So what I could safely assume if I were living in Australia is, a) I would have drunk far too much at least once this week. b) I would be frantically researching the new artists I am unaware of on the SITG line up and c) I would venomously be debating my opinions of possible outstanding acts for SITG 2008 with my friends - most likely doing so over a lazy sunday lunch/brunch with a beer or two!

So what does living in Sweden mean my weekend consisted of?
Friday night = monthly grocery shopping and watched a movie.
Saturday = Getting up bright and sparky so I can go off and get the fruit and vegetables from the farmers markets, cleaning out the car while Håkan changes the tyres from winter to summer tyres, and looking for new jeans/clothes for Isle of Wight (which didn't get purchased damn it).
Sunday = (by choice) re-potting all my herbs, washing clothes and catching up with family via skype. Oh and this afternoon will probably include pilates or a bike ride and doing my Swedish homework.

WOW! There's quite a difference there! Now I know partly this is due to our location (and lack of friends with similar interests), but I cant help but wonder if part of this is just me getting old? I mean no one made me re-pot those herbs. That was something I did willingly. Also no-one has stopped me from having a drink (although I could blame the exhorbitant prices of alcohol in Sweden). So have I reached a point where my life has changed forever, that I am now officially old and boring, or can I continue to blame my location for my demise, as I tend to do for everything??

I guess I will answer this after the Isle of Wight festival in June? I am a little scared of what the answer might be. Will I come home glad to have had such a wonderful time, but thinking I need a good rest? or will I be counting down the sleeps until the next festival????

(You can at least rest assured that I am the worst gardener in the world. This is not something I ever wish to pursue. I am quite sure that my herbs will be dead before the week is out.... )

5 comments:

Mhor said...

Well I did NONE of the above!!!

Cassandra Doyle said...

LOL! I bet you got excited about splendour. Talked about the line up with friends. You at least had dinner etc with Fona????

Mhor said...

Dinner yeah I guess I did last night..

Had lunch at Little Larder with Gen on Friday and worked on Saturday and then dinner with Fona and the boys last night..

Laura said...

cass im young and living in london.. what did i do on sunday.. GARDENING.. yes i got out there with my pink gardening glove (which i got very excited about when i bought) and planted some flowers for spring.. i hated gardening and now that im in london, who'd have thought id have time..

maybe im getting old.... nah!

Cassandra Doyle said...

Yeah let's blame it on spring then... after all those months of cold and grey we want some colour gosh darn it!