Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some people never learn...

That's right.
Never.
Ever.
Ever.
not in their long legged life.

I caught a virus on my computer on sunday, it resulted in me having to do a system restore of my computer, which luckily still enabled me to kept the majority of my files, bar recent downloads etc. I knew I needed to back my computer up and then restore the factory settings, but... well... I dont have enough memory anywhere to do this... so basically I didn't.

Guess what happened monday.
I lost my assignment. It took me 2hours to retrieve :(
So my solution = turn on autosave... seeing as my computer is unrealiable.

Guess what happened tuesday.
My computer crashed and all temp files and recent changes were corrupted.
Trust me - i even ran restore programs...
Nothing was bringing this file back to life.
I even followed the advice of "hack college" who assured me that no file is truely lost... everything can be retrieved.
OH REALLY??

So as you can imagine I wasted a whole lot of time, and then rewrote the assignment anyway.

Guess what - well actually you might have already you guest it.
I still haven't backed my computer up....
LOL!

But I think I wrote an ok assignment! Damn it's harder than it used to be :D

1 comment:

Mhor said...

It can always be found - given time.. Download one of those programs for in the future - ps ALWAYS save it on a memory stick - that's why my uni taught us to do - so you have TWO copies...