Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who is to blame. The scardy cat in me - that's who!

One of the most difficult things for me, personally, is to approach people, rationally, and calmly, when they belittle me, or treat me like I'm incapable of well, just about anything.

Sure, I definately know how to be sarcastic, or rude to them... but to actually stop, look at them and say in a calm voice "Is there a particular reason you are speaking to me like I'm a child or that I am incompetent?"
Yeah I'm not so good at that. That requires confidence, and maturity, something I struggle with on the best of days, let alone when someone is making you feel like crap. Correction: When I am allowing someone to make me feel like crap!

I realised today that a situation I am involved in professionally - has to come to an end. It's a shame because I enjoy being involved with this project, but for some reason I don't know how to assert my competence in this situation. I allow myself to be pushed around emotionally and I literally sit there while someone over explains a meanial task to me. Seriously - today it was about me extracting an article from a magazine. What is the best way to tear it out.

What I wanted to say "rip your own f*#king article out!".
But... I just smiled and said "Ok, thanks!"

LOSER! (ME!)

1 comment:

Mhor said...

Oooh what's up stinky chicken?