Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Time... the healer of all wounds....

Is it though?
I'm not convinced that it's time.
I think friends, family, a healthy dose of denial and the ability to forget... that's what heals.

I have been doing a lot of Yoga lately, and unfortunately one of the things I find with Yoga, is that while I feel 1000 times better afterwards, sometimes during Yoga I let go of my "defense" or my "strength" if you like. The mechanism I use to convince myself that life is ok. That I am ok. That where I am headed in life will much better without Hakan....

Everybody has this mechanism, to a lesser or greater extent, it doesn't make me unique. However, when that mechanism is stripped away, the pain and the hurt that can be felt can be as strong and as fresh as day 1.

So this skeptic doesn't believe that time heals all wounds.
I do think that denial, forgetfullness, determination and spending time laughing with people who love us, unconditionally.... That definitively heals all wounds. While it may take time to heal - time without those other factors - heals nothing.

So for the next 6 weeks I am going to continue enjoying Sweden and it's currently grey weather... then I'm going to come home to those people who do love me unconditionally... and then start to heal my wounds!!!

6 weeks... and I'm almost getting sad to leave sweden... but summer here i come :D

No comments: